July 15, 2021
The successful applicant must meet the conditions defined for admission to a PhD programme at NMBU. The applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at master’s degree level. The applicant must have a documented strong academic background in genomics and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English. For more detailed information on the admission criteria please see the PhD Regulations and the relevant PhD programme description. The applicant must document expertise and interest in the research subject.
- Master’s degree in genomics, bioinformatics, evolutionary genetics, or a similar field (120 credits).
- Experience with large genome data analysis
- Experience with command-line-based operation of the High-Performance Computing (HPC) system
- Experience/familiarity with R, Python, and other programming languages
- Statistical/population genomics knowledge (For example, PLINK, VCFTools, GCTA)
The following experiences and skills will be emphasized:
- Experience with RNA-sequencing, or eQTL, GWAS or similar functional genomics analysis (For example, DeSeq2, Kallisto, STAR)
- Have good collaborative skills and high motivation. You will closely work with another PhD student.
- Work with initiative and creative views.
- Have analytical and academic approach to research questions.
- Be proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- Fish genomics expertise and Norwegian language skill are NOT necessarily required at the time of application.
Contact Marie Saitou (email@example.com) with questions.