June 15, 2021
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to help build and apply our genetics discovery platform. The successful candidate will join a team of data scientists, computational biologists, systems architects and automation engineers to mobilize genetics and functional genomics data towards the discovery of new therapeutic targets and drugs.
- Contribute to designing and building the data and computational ecosystem for the company’s R&D efforts
- Responsible for managing and integrating human genetics data from public and proprietary sources
- You will work with the Human Genetics department to implement production-quality, cutting-edge data management, analysis and visualization tools
- Contribute to building production-quality, scalable bioinformatics and genetics pipelines
- Build and maintain relationships with external collaborators to obtain and manage complex genetics data
- Communicate data and scientific results to both internal and external audiences, and will contribute to open-source and collaborative projects
- Advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in human genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics or other scientific field that has relevance to high-dimensional biological data
- Extensive familiarity with genotyping and sequencing technologies (including alignment, variant calling and annotation methods), and with pipelines for analyzing genotype and phenotype data (PLINK, HAIL)
- Extensive experience in the use of a high-level programming language (particularly R/Bioconductor, Python/Pandas or C/C++)
- Experience with large biobank resources (e.g., UK biobank) or data aggregators (e.g., Open Targets)
- A demonstrated ability to understand scientific needs from multiple functions and an eagerness to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment; experience working and communicating with scientific teams; strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills
- A detail-oriented approach to projects, experience with troubleshooting and optimizing data and software systems and a demonstrated drive to raise the bar with every project
- Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning a plus
Contact Matt Brauer (email@example.com) with questions.