June 14, 2021
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated DevOps Data Engineer to help advance our genetics discovery platform. The successful candidate will join a team of data scientists, computational biologists, data architects, and automation engineers to mobilize genetics and functional genomics data towards the discovery of new therapeutic targets and drugs. As part of a small, agile data science team, the successful candidate will understand and implement solutions to difficult data engineering tasks. The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply their computer science knowledge to a biological setting and have expertise with AWS technologies and cloud computing.
- You will become an integral member of our data science team, helping to design, develop, and maintain our cloud-based data infrastructure
- You will collaboratively implement solutions for data management, integration, and visualization of biomedical data from across the organization
- You will help deploy and maintain production-quality, scalable bioinformatics applications and services using modern CI/CD tools
- You will build and maintain relationships with external vendors and contract organizations to support your work maintaining our data operations
- You will communicate technical recommendations regarding security, networking, and monitoring to internal audiences and lead projects to continually improve these areas
- Masters degree in computer science, bioinformatics, or other technical field and 6-8 years of experience (or BS 10+ years) applying DevOps and/or data engineering in a biotech/scientific setting
- Demonstrated success developing and applying GitOps for deploying AWS Infrastructure (Terraform), Containerized Applications (Docker, K8s, Helm), and GitHub Actions
- Expertise with data modeling (RDBMS, JSON, RDF) and respective query languages (SQL, GRAPHQL, SPARQL).
- Familiarity with additional computational tools/frameworks a plus (Bioconductor, Hail/SPARK)
- A demonstrated ability to understand needs from multiple functions and an eagerness to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment; strong communication and documentation practices, a drive to bring complex projects to successful conclusion
Contact Matt Brauer (email@example.com) with questions.